Orthodontic treatments such as metal braces, Invisalign, and retainers play a crucial role in achieving a straight and healthy smile. However, accidents happen, and orthodontic appliances can break or become damaged. Luckily, our orthodontist in Spring, TX, is here to guide you through an orthodontic crisis (read more about our orthodontist in Spring, TX, here).
Are you currently dealing with an orthodontic emergency? Contact Dr. Wint Tun at Harmony Orthodontics in Spring, TX. Our team can help you assess the situation and provide timely intervention. Just call (832) 699-3683 for urgent care.
Data suggest that around 85% of patients experience an urgent situation while undergoing orthodontic treatment. Knowing what to do when faced with such an urgent situation is essential to minimize discomfort and prevent any setbacks in your orthodontic journey. In today’s blog, our orthodontist in Spring, TX, tells you how to handle certain orthodontic emergencies.
Metal braces are sturdy, but occasionally, a bracket may come loose or a wire may break. If a bracket is loose but still attached to the wire, you can use orthodontic wax to secure it in place temporarily.
If the bracket has completely detached, place it in a small bag and bring it to your next orthodontic appointment.
If a wire breaks or protrudes and causes discomfort, you can use the eraser end of a pencil to push the wire back into place gently. Alternatively, you can cover the end of the wire with orthodontic wax.
It’s crucial to schedule an appointment with our orthodontist in Spring, TX, to address the issue promptly.
Invisalign aligners are removable, making them less prone to breakage. However, accidents can still occur. If you notice a crack or damage to your Invisalign aligner, contact our orthodontist in Spring, TX, for guidance.
If your retainer breaks or becomes damaged, contact our orthodontist in Spring, TX, as soon as possible. In the meantime, avoid wearing the damaged retainer to prevent any harm to your teeth or the appliance.
Here are some general tips to help you navigate an orthodontic emergency:
- Contact Our Orthodontist in Spring, TX: In any orthodontic emergency, the first step is to contact our orthodontist. Dr. Tun can provide guidance over the phone and schedule an appointment to address the issue.
- Temporary Solutions: In case of discomfort, temporary solutions (such as orthodontic wax) can provide relief until you can see our orthodontist. Never attempt to fix or adjust the appliance yourself.
- Keep Components: If any part of your orthodontic appliance breaks off, keep it in a safe place. Our orthodontist may be able to reattach or repair it during your appointment.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Proper oral hygiene is crucial, especially when dealing with orthodontic appliances. Continue to brush and floss diligently to prevent additional issues.
- Follow Care Instructions: Adhering to care instructions provided by our orthodontist is key to preventing breakages and ensuring the success of your treatment.
Ask Our Orthodontist in Spring, TX
Orthodontic emergencies can be unsettling, but knowing how to respond can make a significant difference. If you’re currently dealing with an orthodontic crisis, contact Harmony Orthodontics today. You can reach us online or at (832) 699-3683 for rapid care.